Life's Big Questions:
Six Major Themes Traced through the Bible
Vaughan Roberts (IVP, 2004)Blurb Review
How can the sixty-six books of the Bible have a single message for us today? What unites the vastly different accounts of God's work in the world? How do the various genres of the Bible work together? Vaughan Roberts believes that the Bible tells a single story for all time. He draws out the Bible's message of Jesus Christ and God's redemption through him, in six big questions. This companion volume to God's Big Picture will not only help you answer these questions, but also give you tools to transform your own Bible study in light of the whole story of God. This follow-up to God's Big Picture is developed from Vaughan's 2003 Spring Harvest Word Alive Bible Overview series. Very highly recommended.
1. The once and future king: who rules the world?
2. Naked ape or divine image: who am I?
3. God's marriage: is a perfect marriage possible?
4. Wealth and possessions: your money or your life?
5. The Holy Spirit: what is his work?
6. God and the nations: what is God's plan for the world?
- 1 Corinthians
- 1 John
- 1 Samuel
- 1 Timothy
- 2 John
- 2 Kings
- 2 Samuel
- 3 John
- Biblical Theology
- New Testament
- Old Testament
- Old Testament Theology
- Song of Songs
- Wisdom Literature